Starting a Business in Australia
If you are looking at establishing an office in Australia, purchasing a business in Australia or migrating to Australia as a business owner or investor, it is critical to get the right immigration advice upfront.Having a sound immigration strategy upfront can streamline matters significantly, and ensure that you meet your goals in starting a business in Australia. There are a variety of Australian work visas that business people can obtain for themselves or their employees, including:
- Business visitor visas: these allow a stay of up to 3 months in Australia during which business activities can be undertaken. However, only limited work is available on these visas.
- 4-year 457 visas: these can be obtained through sponsorship by an Australian business or an overseas business
- Permanent employer sponsored visas: these require sponsorship by an Australian business, and include the ENS and RSMS visas
- Business Migration: this is in general a 2-stage process which first involves obtaining a 4-year provisional visa. After business operations have been established in Australia and residence requirements met, a permanent visa can be applied for
- Occupational Trainee visas: where employees are required in Australia to undertake workplace-based training
You may also need advice on other matters relating to establishing operations in Australia – Acacia can provide you with referrals to experts in a variety of fields who can assist.
Please call us on +61 2 9230 0888 or use the quick contact form if you would like Acacia’s assistance in starting a business in Australia.